In this, I make an attempt to explain / show the configuration required for recording of subsequent payments in case of partly paid shares.
Below, I show it through the creation of a new update type for the ‘part payment condition’ for partly paid shares which increases the value but not the quantity.
However, in sample customizing from SAP, an update type ‘SAM1002’ is already created and assigned to condition ‘Additional payment’ which can be used for partly paid shares. However, the ‘effect of update type on position component’ might be missing. In this case, the only thing to be done is to assign the ‘position change category’ 1011 to update type SAM1002 (step 9 below) and there is no need to create a new update type and all.
1. Create a Condition Type
Create a condition Type for the additional payment or partly paid shares with FIMA as ‘TD’
2. Create Condition Group if required
If a condition Group is not already there, create a new one. In our example, we will use the SAP standard condition group called ‘Stocks – partly paid’
3. Assign Condition Type to Condition Group
We can now assign the condition type created in step 1 above to condition group 11
4. Ensure Condition Group in Product Type is the same
Ensure that the condition group in the product type is the same as the one in which you have assigned the condition type created in step 1 above. In our example, the condition group to which we assigned the condition type is the same
5. Create Update Type
Create update Type in the securities account management
6. Assign Usage to Update Type
7. Specify the Update Type for Securities Account Management
8. Assign Update Type to Condition Type
9. Set the Effect of Update Type on Position Component
Here you make the setting on how the update affects the position component
10. Indicate the Update Type as Relevant to Posting
11. Specify Account Determination…….1
Assign Posting Specification to Update Type
12. Specify Account Determination…….2
Assign GL Accounts to Account Symbols